Sunday, February 9, 2020

Summer 2019

For Pioneer Day, we decided to all practice some pioneer skills. Nana helped out a lot including making homemade bread,



















churning fresh butter, and making a braided rug.




Just a cute messy face.

Annie loves to help!Whatever I'm doing, she want to be right there in the middle of it.

I got in a crafty mood one week and decided to make all the girls some new clothes. I made Sadie and Ada each a new skirt, and I made Annie this cute little dress. They all turned out really cute, but I really think the funnest part was going to the craft store to pick out the fabric. It's so hard to choose among all the pretty patterns!

As part of Ada's science curriculum last year, she raised a bunch of butterflies that we ordered. When Ada found a big caterpillar in the back yard, we used the same equipment to raise it too. We looked it up and found that it was actually a sphinx moth caterpillar and that they burrow under the ground to form their chrysalis and metamorphose. Several weeks later (almost to the point where I was getting ready to dump out the bucket of dirt and declare a failure), this beauty emerged.

Michael had been anticipating getting braces for quite a while, and finally the day arrived.  He is super excited to have a straighter and brighter smile in a few years.

One of the kids snapped this of me cooking a family favorite --Grace Lin chicken. The kitchen really is one of my favorite places to be.



No comments: