Sunday, June 7, 2020

Houston in the Springtime

Spring 2020 came exceptionally early here in Houston, but it was lovely while it lasted. We took advantage of it by getting out of the house as much as possible.

Our first walk around the Kickerillo-Mischer Preserve.

Adelaide, in concert with her choir at the local homeschool convention.


We decided to take a real spring break this year, just before the covid-19 quarantine restrictions hit our state. I had been planning to go to Austin and revisit some of my old haunts and old friends for a while, and I'm so glad we did.

We had a picnic lunch with my old co-worker, Sally, and then visited the Georgetown Public Library where I worked.

They still have the best children's library I've ever seen, complete with the old Jeep.




I drove the kids to all the houses I lived in (or as close as we could get).


And we visited with Aunt Alison, including a hike up Mount Bonnell
 and the State Capital.





We also spent an afternoon at McKinney Falls State Park. It was lovely. I wonder why I had never been there before?

And of course, we had to take a picture in the bluebonnets!

After our Austin adventure, we headed down to San Antonio to visit Grandma and Grandpa.
This little guy loves to read!
 Since we did a little unit on Texas History for school, we had to tour the Alamo.  Jojo was really excited to find Davy Crockett's name and figure on the memorial. (Yes, we watched the Disney movie about Davy Crockett beforehand.)


It was pretty busy, but I'm glad we went. It's just one of those placed you have to go see if you're a Texan.



No comments: