Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Joyful June

It was a very busy June! Matt's sister, Lisa, and her husband, Sean, moved here to Houston and stayed with us for a few weeks while apartment hunting. It was so fun!
Here is Aunt Lisa teaching the girls how to do head stands.



Uncle Sean was very generous to let the kids play games on his iPad.  . . . Michael, in particular, wanted to play non-stop.


What could be more fun than a sprinkler on a summer afternoon?

My nephew and niece, Cole and Kylie, came for a visit, and we did something fun every day including lots of parks and swimming. Here we are right after a boat ride around the Woodlands mall.


Last year, Matt and I came to an agreement, if he would take me to the opera, I would go shooting with him. He happily took me to see "The Magic Flute" last fall, so now it was my turn to try something new. It was actually easier and more fun than I anticipated.

What do you do on a summer morning with three bored kids?

Make food art!

Some of their creation were actually pretty sturdy.

A law firm that Matt works with gave a huge party in box seats at a Houston Astros game. It was great! Free good. Free game. And an amazing man to share it with. . . . The Astros won btw. Go Astros!


A few weeks ago, we attended a retirement party for my Aunt Cathy. It was at the Spaghetti Warehouse downtown. Everything was going smoothly. The kids were all behaving. Then Michael turned to me and yelled "I'm bleeding!"

His loose upper tooth finally decided to come out with a little help from some french bread.

1 comment:

Liz said...

I am very impressed that you went shooting. That was a great deal for both of you!