Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Spring Break


I must admit, I never actually thought it would happen. But Matt took a whole week off for spring break! And even more special, he took me on an anniversary get-away trip to Wimberly. It was only two days, but we packed as much as we could into those days! We visited art galleries and antique shops in Wimberly and Boerne, a glass-blowing factory,



a bonsai exhibit, and an olive orchard. And of course, we found time for a few walks together.



As much as I love my children, I have to admit, it was nice to have a little time away to just be "Jennie" and not "Mom." And when we got back (A million thanks to Matt's family for watching the kids!), the kids never even seemed to miss us. . . . I think we'll have to do this more often!

The kids are learning to play pretty well together. Now that Sadie is a little older, she tags along with Michael and enjoys doing pretty much whatever he does. They love playing puppets,



playing with their farm sets, reading, having picnics outside, making towers (Dad helped a bit with this one),



coloring, playing with play dough, helping me "garden" (ie. water plants), and making "pillow nests."



In other news, Michael is now officially a "Big Boy!" (In other words, he is potty-trained!) After his third birthday, we decided to just go cold-turkey and take away all his diapers. I have to admit, I was scared, but it wasn't as bad as I was expecting. We've been working with him for the past year, and when it came time to make the switch, he seemed to know exactly what we expected. Way to go Michael!

1 comment:

Liz said...

Congrats on the potty training! And I just have to say that I love the puppets on the feet. I know I have seen my boys do that many times, so I am glad to see they are not the only ones who enjoy more than two puppets at a time!