Tuesday, May 25, 2010

A Very Merry Un-Birthday

This morning, I asked Michael what he wanted to do today. He answered, "birthday party." That made me laugh, so I asked him whose birthday it was. Michael's? "No." Mom's? "No." Sarah's? "No." Toad's? (His stuffed frog.) "No." So, whose birthday is it? The answer was a resounding "Daddy's!"

So, we spent the whole day getting ready for Daddy's (un-)birthday party. We made a birthday card and party hats. We made a paper chain to decorate with. We even picked out birthday presents.



I took Michael to our pantry and asked him what we should give Daddy for a birthday present. He chose a can of olives, a can of black beans, and a tin of sardines (some of Dad's favorite foods), and we wrapped them up. We even made blueberry muffin "cupcakes" for dessert.

Boy, was Dad surprised when he got home!

3 comments:

tck4texas said...

adorable!

Liz said...

That is so cute! You are such a good mom!

Alison said...

A very merry unbirthday to me! (to who?) to me! (oh you!)

A very merry unbirthday to you. (who me?) yes you! (oh me!)

Let's all congratulate us with another cup of tea.

A merry merry unbirthday too-o you!